Haley Kemper ’15 Posted on December 12th, 2014 by

haleykemperTell us a little bit about yourself: Hi! I would have to say my number one passion in life is spending time with everyone I love, including my family, friends, and puppy. I grew up in Prior Lake, MN with all of my cousins and relatives living there also, thus we are all very close. I also enjoy anything workout related especially running. Track is the best sport in the world, in my opinion, and the memories and friends I’ve made through the sport are some of my very best. I was a co-captain of the Gustavus Woman’s Track and Field team last year and was honored to be nominated again this year. My final passion in life is baking. I love to bring out my creative side through various cakes, pastries, and desserts. Plus, they’re not bad to eat!

Why did you choose Nursing as a major? I chose nursing because I am passionate about health and wellbeing. I felt that with the face to face contact with patients that nurses have I could really make a difference. I also love to learn and am excited to learn the rest of my life as a nurse!

What’s your favorite clinical rotation and why? Obstetrics was my favorite clinical rotation by far. One of the reasons that I loved it was because of all of the positive energy from the staff, patients, and families. I also felt that there were so many opportunities to educate the mothers and families. I loved this because I love to share what I know and teach others. I walked out of each clinical day with positive energy and knowing that I had made a difference.

What are your career goals or plans after graduation? I would absolutely LOVE to get a job on an OB floor my first year out of school but may have to start in another area before I eventually make my way there. I hope to someday further my education whether that be becoming a lactation consultant, nurse midwife, or nurse practitioner. I love to learn and teach to I’m sure education will always be a big aspect of my nursing career.