Hannah Baumann ’15 Posted on November 28th, 2014 by

hannah-baumannTell us a little bit about yourself: I have a sister that is 23 currently working at the VA for her doctorate in occupational therapy.  I have a 16 year old brother at Hill-Murray killin’ it in the sports department.  I am President of Alpha Sigma Tau sorority.  I love hanging out with little kids (BPLP) and my roommates!

Why did you choose Nursing as a major? I love little kids and I want to help them in a place that is general scary for them- the hospital.  Kids are usually scared of medical people and procedures and I want to be able to help them in a place that is scary.

What’s your favorite clinical rotation and why? My favorite clinical rotation was our pediatric rotation at Children’s Minneapolis.  This was my favorite because kids are so inspirational.  They are going through some of the hardest things in life yet they are so happy.  All it takes is the one person to play with them or talk to them and they forget about all the pain and suffering that they are going through.

What are your career goals or plans after graduation? My absolute dream job would be to work in Pediatric Oncology at the University of Minnesota Amplatz hospital.